Accounting Adjusting And Correcting Journal Entry Case Study Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Accounting Adjusting And Correcting Journal Entry Case Study Homework Help Service Online
On the designated worksheet, prepare in journal entry form all adjusting and correcting journal entries based on the following information (Round all numbers to the nearest dollar). Before preparing entries, finish the story by filling in the blanks.
a. On June 1, 2009 a 19 month insurance policy was purchased for $24,000.
b. On 7/1/2009, Free paid Glamor Advertising $50,000 for two years of advertising services. Equal services are provided each month.
c. Free Apparel needed some temporary additional storage space so on 7/1/2009 they rented a unit for an annual rate of $12,000.
d. $14,250 of store supplies were purchased during the year and store supplies expense was increased. $9,850 of these supplies remain at the end of the year.
e. $2,500 of office supplies were purchased during the year and the asset office supplies was increased. $1,619 of these supplies remained at the end of 2009.
f. On December 1, 2009, Free Apparel issued a 3-month note receivable to New Skin Company at an annual interest rate of 10%. Principle and interest will be paid at the end of the 3-months. The note was recorded in Notes Receivable and is the only note outstanding.
g. You note that store equipment and office equipment has not been depreciated for this year. The company uses DDB. Free Apparel expects to use all equipment for 20 years with a salvage value of $1,000 for each.
h. The storage building was purchased this year on February 1. The building is being depreciated on a straight-line basis using partial year. The building is estimated to have a life of 40 years and a savage value of $18,619.
i. Office salaries of $9,800 remained unpaid at 12/31/09, but the prior accountant did not accrue. Sales personnel are also due their last commission check which is net sales times 1%.
j. On 7/1/2009, Free Apparel rented a portion of one store to Twister Co. The contract was for 19 months and Free Apparel required all of the cash up front. The rent is being earned equally each month. When cash was received, unearned rent was appropriately recorded and no revenue has been recorded for this transaction in 2009.
k. Based on your review of the cash balances, you note that there was an overdraft of ($10,250) in one of your bank accounts where this is the only account at that bank. The previous accountant netted this amount with the other cash accounts.
l. At 12/31/2009, based on the aging method of all accounts with debit balances, Free apparel determines that uncollectible accounts are $94,250.
m. Free Apparel uses the Dollar Value LIFO inventory method. For internal purposes, the Merchandise Inventory Account is maintained at FIFO (current costs). At the end of the year, the LIFO reserve account is adjusted so inventory on the balance sheet reflects Dollar Value LIFO. You need to calculate the proper inventory balance and adjust the LIFO reserve. The price index for this year is 1.06. Prior year inventory records show the following calculation for 2008:
300,000 X 1.0 = 300,000
20,000 X 1.03 = 20,600
15,000 X 1.04 = 15,600
n. Free Apparel was authorized to issue 1,000,000 shares of $1 par Common Stock but has only issued 500,000 shares of common stock at 12/31/2009. All 500,000 shares are outstanding.
o. Free Apparel has two loans outstanding. Interest is paid annually. The facts on each loan is as follows:
Onstar Bank – outstanding since March 1, 2009 with a 6.5% interest rate.
Coldstar Bank – outstanding since 7/1/2009, with a 5.9 %.
Since interest will not be paid until 2010, Free Apparel did not accrue any interest.
p. Free Apparel has a straight tax rate of 28%.
q. The Land Account includes a piece of land with a cost and fair value of $225,000 that is not currently being used in the normal operations of the building. This piece of land is being held for speculative purposes.
r. On January 1, 2007, Free Apparel purchased a patent for $70,000. At the time of the purchase the patent had an estimated useful life of 7 years with no residual value. In 2009, the company has estimated that the patent will only be useful until the end of 2010. No one knows what to do with this information so no amortization has been recorded for 2009.
s. As of 12/31/2009 the Available for Sale Securities have a fair value of $82,619. Due to the major market decline, the company does not plan on selling the assets in 2010, but their intent is to sell at some point in time. (Hint: Unrealized gains and losses can be recorded directly to Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income.
t. During the year, Free Apparel did some research and development on some new products. They properly expensed all of the research but the accountant read in an article that under IFRS they could capitalize development costs so he capitalized $189,000 of development expenses as an other intangible asset.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
1. After the above adjusting entries are entered on the adjustment worksheet, the cells should be linked to the adjustments column of the worksheet. Your adjustment amounts in the worksheet column should be linked to the adjustment sheet so if you change the debit/credit amount in the adjusting entry, the column amount will automatically change.
2. Complete the adjusted columns by the use of the formula. Think about the best way to do this. Your last two columns should never contain constant numbers but will include formulas only. (Maximum points are given for using an ‘if” statement, but the majority of the points are just given for having a proper formula).
3. Prepare a multiple-step income statement on the proper worksheet. Your Income Statement should be in good form (proper titles, etc., use examples from your book) and well formatted. Do your best designating between selling and administrative expenses. You should use formulas in all cells, not constant numbers. (That means, your income statement should be linked to the adjusted numbers on your worksheet.)
4. Prepare a Comprehensive Income Statement on the proper worksheet. Free Apparel uses the Second Income Statement Approach.
5. Prepare a Retained Earnings Statement on the proper worksheet. Your Statement should be formatted. You should use formulas in all cells, not constant numbers.
Product Code: ACC560
Looking for Accounting Adjusting And Correcting Journal Entry Case Study Homework Help , please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.