Accounting Consolidated Financial Accounts Case Study Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Accounting Consolidated Financial Accounts Case Study Homework Help Service Online
You are the financial accountant of Sun Ltd, a food manufacturing company in Western Australia. You have been asked by the CEO to prepare the consolidated financial accounts for the year ended 30 June 2014.
The statements of comprehensive income and financial position of Sun Ltd and its subsidiary, Callis Ltd, for the year ended 30 June 2014 are as follows
Statements of comprehensive income for the year ended 30 June 2014
|Sun Ltd||Callis Ltd|
|Cost of Sales||-194,000||-83,000|
|Dividend received from Callis Ltd||15,600|
|Interest received from Sun Ltd||1,000|
|Operating profit before tax||132,975||57,000|
|Income tax expense||-59,500||-22,000|
|Operating profit after tax||73,475||35,000|
|Retained earnings at 1 July 2013||24,000||19,000|
|Interim dividend paid||-8,000||-9,500|
|Final dividend declared||-45,000||-22,500|
|Retained earnings at 30 June 2014||44,475||22,000|
Statements of financial position as at 30 June 2014
|Sun Ltd||Callis Ltd|
|Other current assets||88,575||50,400|
|Total current assets||120,575||72,400|
|Property, plant and equipment||306,000||175,000|
|Investment in Callis Ltd||140,500||–|
|Investment in debentures||–||10,000|
|Total non-current assets||446,500||185,000|
|Trade and other payables||30,100||19,400|
|Current tax liability||59,500||24,000|
|Provision for final dividend||45,000||22,500|
|Total current liabilities||134,600||65,900|
|Total non-current liabilities||50,000||–|
Details of the subsidiary
On 1 July 2005, Sun Ltd acquired 80% of Callis Ltd, a food manufacturer in New South Wales, for cash. At 1 July 2005, the shareholders’ equity of Callis Ltd was as follows
|Share Capital||150 000|
|General reserve||4 000|
|Retained earnings||4 000|
Sun Ltd regarded the assets of Callis Ltd to be fairly valued at the date of acquisition except for land which has a fair value which is $20 000 larger than that recorded in Callis Ltd’s records. This is to be accounted for as a consolidation adjustment.
1. Sun Ltd records dividend revenue in the accounting period when the cash is received.
2. The final dividend declared by Callis Ltd for the June 2013 year was $10 000 and it was paid on 1 August 2013. The interim dividend for the June 2014 year was paid on 30 June 2014.
3. The directors have applied the impairment test for goodwill annually and determined that a write-down of $1 000 is required for consolidation purposes as at 30 June 2014. The cumulative goodwill impairment write-downs for prior years totalled $1 500.
4. Inter-company sales for the year ended 2014
|From Sun Ltd to Callis Ltd||$40 000|
|From Callis Ltd to Sun Ltd||$20 000|
5. Opening inventory of Sun Ltd includes unrealised profit of $2 000 on inventory sold by Callis Ltd. Sun Ltd has sold half of this inventory during the year.
6. Both companies use the perpetual inventory method.
7. During the current year, Callis has purchased inventory from Sun Ltd at a profit of $6 000. 75% of this inventory was sold outside the group at the end of the year.
8. Callis Ltd purchased $10 000 10% debentures in Sun Ltd at 1 July 2013.
9. The tax rate is 30%.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
1) For the accounting records of Sun Ltd show the general journal entries (including narrations) to record
i) The acquisition of the shares in Callis Ltd on 1 July 2005.
ii) The dividends received from Callis Ltd in the year ended 30 June 2014.
2) Prepare the consolidated financial statements of Sun Ltd and its subsidiary as at 30 June 2014 (Statement of Comprehensive Income, Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Changes in Equity).
Assume the partial goodwill method.
Show all workings including the following:
i) Acquisition analysis
ii) Consolidation journal entries (including narrations)
iii) Worksheet and
iv) Calculation of the non-controlling interest (NCI).
3) You have a cousin starting the ACCT5511 course. Explain the main differences between the partial and full goodwill methods.
Note: Please do not forget narrations for journal entries!
Product Code: ACC241
Looking for Accounting Consolidated Financial Accounts Case Study Homework Help, please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.