Accounting Financial Statements Multiple Choice Question Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Accounting Financial Statements Multiple Choice Question Homework Help Service Online
1.On January 1, 2013, Audrey Corp. paid $800,000 for 100,000 shares of Off Company’s common stock, which represents 40% of Off’s outstanding common stock. Off reported net income of $200,000 and paid cash dividends of $60,000 during 2013. Audrey should report the investment in Off Company on its December 31, 2013, balance sheet at:
2.Tan Company had these transactions pertaining to stock investments
Feb. 1 Purchased 3,000 shares of Norton Company (10%) for $49,800 cash plus brokerage fees of $1,200.
June 1 Received cash dividends of $3 per share on Norton stock.
Oct. 1 Sold 1,200 shares of Norton stock for $24,000 less brokerage fees of $600.
The entry to record the receipt of the dividends on June 1 would include a
a.debit to Stock Investments for $9,000.
b.credit to Dividend Revenue for $9,000.
c.credit to Stock Investments for $9,000.
d.debit to Dividend Revenue for $9,000.
3.Under the equity method, the Stock Investments account is increased when the
a. stock investment is sold at a gain.
b. investee company pays a dividend.
c. investee company reports net income.
d. investee company reports a loss.
4. Gorman Corporation has the following trading portfolio of stock investments as of December 31, 2013.
Security Cost Fair Value
A $21,000 $ 19,000
B 19,000 25,000
C 37,000 31,000
On January 22, 2014, Gorman Corporation sold security C for $32,000. Assuming that Gorman made the proper adjustments when closing its books on December 31, 2013, the journal entry for the 2014 sale would include.
a.credit to Fair Value Adjustment Trading for $32,000.
b.credit to Unrealized Gain Income for $1,000.
c.debit to Unrealized Loss Income for $5,000.
d.debit to Loss on Sale of Stock Investments for $5,000.
5.A company that owns more than 50% of the common stock of another company is known as the
6.A typical investment to house excess cash until needed is
a.stocks of companies in a related industry.
c.low-risk, highly liquid securities.
7.Securities bought and held primarily for sale in the near term to generate income on short-term price differences are
8.Revenue is recognized when cash dividends are received under
a.the controlling interest method.
b.both the cost and equity methods.
c.the cost method.
d.the equity method.
9. Which one of the following would not be classified as a short-term investment?
b.Marketable stock securities
c.Equity method investments
d.Marketable debt securities
10. If a company acquires a 40% common stock interest in another company,the ability to exert significant influence over the activities of the a.investee does not exist.
b.all influence is classified as controlling.
c.the cost method is usually applicable.
d.the equity method is usually applicable.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
11. At the end of the first year of operations, the total cost of the trading securities portfolio is $244,000. Total fair value is $250,000. The financial statements should show
a.an addition to an asset of $6,000 and an unrealized gain of $6,000 in the stockholders’ equity section.
b.an addition to an asset of $6,000 in the current assets section and a realized gain of $6,000 in Other revenues and gains.
c.an addition to an asset of $6,000 and a realized gain of $6,000.
d.an addition to an asset of $6,000 in the current assets section and an unrealized gain of $6,000 in Other revenues and gains.
12. The balance in the Unrealized Loss Equity account will
a.appear on the balance sheet as a contra asset.
b.appear as a deduction in the stockholders’ equity section.
c.appear on the income statement under Other Expenses and Losses.
d.not be shown on the financial statements until the securities are sold
13. Nickel Company owns 30% interest in the stock of Finn Corporation. During the year, Finn pays $25,000 in dividends, and reports $200,000 in net income. Nickel Company’s investment in Finn will increase by
Product Code: ACC646
Looking for Accounting Financial Statements Multiple Choice Question Homework Help , please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.