Accounting Knowledge Management And Sustainability Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Accounting Knowledge Management And Sustainability Homework Help Service Online
Ivory Delights is part of a privately owned multinational organisation, Pluto Pinnacle which manufactures a range of products including: frozen food, animal pharmaceuticals and confectionery.
Ivory Delights was established in 1977 and is Australia’s third largest confectionery company and solely focuses on manufacturing small candied confectionery. Head office and the manufacturing plant is located in the Albury/Wodonga region. The plant has the capacity to produce over 1,000,000 tonnes of confectionery items per year which are consumed domestically and exported overseas.
In 2014 Ivory Delights employed over 1100 staff, with major distribution centres located in Melbourne and Sydney. Major customers include supermarkets, supermarket branded stores and large department stores.
Quality is something that Ivory Delights is very particular about and in 2001 was accredited with ISO 9002. ISO 9002 was also accredited for administration processes of purchasing, training product control, product traceability and process improvement. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety system was also adopted, further highlighting Ivory Delights commitment to quality control and safety.
Ivory Delights’ strategic goals are as follows
• To be recognised as the leading confectionery brand in the Australian food industry;
• To provide customers with high quality products and excellent service; and
• To be the leading company in the industry, continuing to grow at rates higher than the industry average.
It plans to achieve these objectives by
• Being an accredited supplier to the major supermarket chain and speciality outlets;
• Expanding by acquisition, where appropriate;
• Sustaining superior performance; understanding and satisfying customer needs; and
• Investing in state-of-the-art equipment to enable product innovation and efficiencies.
Ivory Delights is already recognised as having a differentiated offering compared with its major rivals—Sweet Nothing and Wiggles—due to its value product range, well established relationships with key retails outlets and the achievement of quality accreditation across a wide range of its operations. In planning to be the supplier of choice, Ivory Delights is focused on its direct customer (i.e. the retailers) and the end customer (i.e. the customer).. The company recognises that they need to sustain their growth rate and profitability to prevent takeovers from one of the two major companies, Wiggles and Sweet Nothing.
The acquisition of Smickers in 2001 was undertaken to achieve production and processing economies of scale and gain access to additional markets through Smickers’ accreditation and speciality store relationships, as well their export focus and AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service) export approval status. Further acquisitions are possible; however they would need to be a good strategic fit from operational and cultural perspectives.
The company has strong family values, and the ongoing sustainability of the business is more important than short-term profitability. In 1999, Wiggles unsuccessfully approached Darrell Lea, the General Manager at Pluto Pinnacle about the prospect of buying Ivory Delights’ operation for $250 million. Lea was offered a seat on the board; however, under the terms of the deal he would lose control over the Ivory Delights operations. In addition, a large proportion of the purchase synergies would arise from the removal of duplicate functions across the combined business group. This would have resulted in the retrenchment of many of Ivory Delights loyal employee base, some of whom had been with the company since Darrell Lea’s grandfather established the business over 50 years ago.
Question on Knowledge Management (KM)
Ivory Delights for the past 10 years has been more conscious of capturing knowledge and incorporating KM into strategy and culture, particularly after losing several integral managers in an aeroplane accident. A key knowledge value that Ivory Delights encourages is ‘everyone has great ideas’. Ivory Delights want to implement a KM system where employees are rewarded and encouraged to share information both formally and informally. In addition, incentives are put into place which encourage progression in the company. The attitude Ivory Delights has is that high-potential employees must be retained somewhere within the organisation. Hoarding of people and information is strongly discouraged. The result is that knowledge follows people from position to position and the organisation as a whole benefits from this.
In a letter to the BOD the General Manager wrote that: ‘The organisations’ ability to continuously learn from any source and convert what is learnt into action is the greatest competitive edge’. Part of Ivory Delights strategic challenge is finding ways to make the company operate as one learning organisation where each group can benefit from experience and knowledge gained by each other.
1. Explain why it is important to capture knowledge. How can employees be motivated to contribute to and use a KM system?
2. How could Ivory Delights improve the way that knowledge is captured, stored and rewarded?
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Banking case study assignment help
- Banking case study homework help
- Meaning of case study assignment help
- Child development case study homework help
- Contract law case study homework Help
- Finance accounting case studies homework help
- Company Financial statement analysis case study homework help
- Foreign assignment case study help
- HR case study homework help
- Human resource management case study homework help
- Managerial accounting case study assignment help
- Managerial accounting case study homework help
- Negotiations case study homework help
- Organization behavior case study homework help
- Project management case study homework help
- Financial statement analysis assignment help
- HBS case study assignment help
- Ratio analysis case study assignment help
- Small business case study homework help
- Project finance case studies help
- Healthcare finance case studies homework help
- MBA case study homework help
- Financial analysis business case study homework help
- Harvard business case study homework help
- Business strategy case study homework help
- Business law case study homework help
- Accounting Case Study Help
- Business case study homework help
- Finance case study help
- Corporate Finance case study homework help
- Business process case study assignment help
- Business statistics case study assignment help
Question on Sustainability
In Australia more companies are starting to report on their sustainability performance. Ivory Delights believes that incorporating into their end of year reports acknowledgement of how they have implemented more sustainable practices, will be of benefit to the company’s reputation.
1. Why are an increasing number of companies reporting on their sustainability performance? What are the benefits for companies to report such activity?
2. What key measures could Ivory Delights include in its sustainability balanced scorecard?
Product Code: ACC91
Looking for Accounting Knowledge Management And Sustainability Homework Help, please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.