Financial Accounting Issuance Of Bonds With Detachable Warrants Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Financial Accounting Issuance Of Bonds With Detachable Warrants Homework Help Service Online
1. Illiad Inc. has decided to raise additional capital by issuing $170,000 face value of bonds with a coupon rate of 10%. In discussions with investment bankers, it was determined that to help the sale of the bonds, detachable stock warrants should be issued at the rate of one warrant for each $100 bond sold. The value of the bonds without the warrants is considered to be $136,000, and the value of the warrants in the market is $24,000. The bonds sold in the market at issuance for $152,000.
If the warrants were nondetachable, would the entries be different? Discuss.
2. On September 1, 2014, Sands Company sold at 104 (plus accrued interest) 4,000 of its 9%, 10-year, $1,000 face value, nonconvertible bonds with detachable stock warrants. Each bond carried two detachable warrants. Each warrant was for one share of common stock at a specified option price of $15 per share. Shortly after issuance, the warrants were quoted on the market for $3 each. No fair value can be determined for the Sands Company bonds. Interest is payable on December 1 and June 1. Bond issue costs of $30,000 were incurred.
Prepare in general journal format the entry to record the issuance of the bonds
3. Illiad Inc. has decided to raise additional capital by issuing $170,00 0 face value of bonds with a coupon rate o f 10% . In discussions with investment bankers , it was determined that to help the sale of the bonds, detachable stock warrants should be issued at the rate of one warrant for each $10 0 bond sold . The value o f t e bonds without the warrant s is considered t o be
$136,000 , and the value of the warrants in the market is $24,000 . The bond s sold in the market at issuance for $152,000.
(a) What entry should be made at the time of the issuance of the bonds and warrants?
(b) If the warrants were nondetachable, would the entries be different? Discuss.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to email@example.com
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email firstname.lastname@example.org should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to email@example.com and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
4. For each of the unrelated transactions described below, present the entry(ies) required to record each transaction.
1. Grand Corp. issued $20,000,000 par value 10% convertible bonds at 99. If the bonds had not been convertible, the company’s investment banker estimates they would have been sold at 95. Expenses of issuing the bonds were $70,000.
2. Hoosier Company issued $20,000,000 par value 10% bonds at 98. One detachable stock purchase warrant was issued with each $100 par value bond. At the time of issuance, the warrants were selling for $4.
3. Suppose Sepraco r , Inc. called its convertible debt in 2014. Assume the following related to the trans- action. The 11%, $10,000,000 par value bonds were converted into 1,000,000 shares of $1 par value common stock on July 1, 2014. On July 1, there was $55,000 of unamortized discount applicable to the bonds, and the company paid an additional $75,000 to the bondholders to induce conversion of all the bonds. The company records the conversion using the book value method.
5.On March 1, 2014, Ruiz Corporation issued $1,500,000 of 8% nonconvertible bonds at 104, which are due on February 28, 2034. In addition, each $1,000 bond was issued with 25 detachable stock warrants, each of which entitled the bondholder to purchase for $50 one share of Ruiz common stock, par value $25. The bonds without the warrants would normally sell at 95. On March 1, 2014, the fair value of Ruiz’s common stock was $40 per share and the fair value of the warrants was $2.00. What amount should Ruiz record on March 1, 2014 as paid-in capital from stock warrants?
Product Code: ACC293
Looking for Financial Accounting Issuance Of Bonds With Detachable Warrants Homework Help , please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.