Financial Accounting Question For Impairment Review Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Financial Accounting Question For Impairment Review Homework Help Service Online
The directors of Alfreton plc have decided that it is necessary to arrange for an impairment review of a subsidiary company, Barrington plc, at 30 September 2012. The business of Barrington plc comprise a single cash generating unit within the activities undertaken by the Alfreton group of companies.
The summarised draft statement of financial position of Barrington plc at the date of the impairment review, which took place on 30 September 2012, contained the following information:
Statement of financial position of Barrington plc at 30 September 2012
|Special-purpose freehold property||195|
|Other tangible non-current assets||354|
|Financial assets held for trading||18|
|Reserve arising from revaluation of special-purpose property in 2010||50|
|Total equity and liabilities||1,068|
The following information is relevant to the impairment review:
1. The accounts department of Alfreton plc has estimated the net cash inflows from the future activities of Barrington plc to be as follows:
|Year to 30 September||£million|
2. Barrington plc could be sold on 30 September 2012 for £620 million.
3. The franchising arrangement has no reliably identifiable market value. However, it is expected to generate future cash flows at least equivalent to the carrying value in the above statement of financial position.
4. The fair value less costs to sell of the special-purpose freehold property is estimated to be £130 million.
5. Neither the inventories nor any of the ‘other tangible non-current assets’ has a net selling price that is greater than its carrying value.
6. The financial assets held for trading are estimated to be worth £43 million.
7. ‘Other assets’ are stated at their recoverable amounts.
8. Liabilities are stated at the amounts which are expected to be paid.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
(a) Compute the amount of the impairment of the Barrington plc cash generating unit arising from the impairment review.
(b) Allocate the impairment loss between the relevant components of the assets of Barrington plc.
(c) Prepare and present the journal entry required to incorporate the effect of the impairment review in the books of Barrington plc.
Notes: The discount rate appropriate to the activities of Barrington plc is 12%.
Assume that the forecast net cash inflows of Barrington arise at the end of each year to which they relate.
Assume you are making the calculations on 30 September 2012.
All calculations should be made to the nearest £0.1 million.
Product Code: ACC657
Looking for Financial Accounting Question For Impairment Review Homework Help , please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.