Foundations of Financial Accounting Project Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Foundations of Financial Accounting Project Homework Help Service Online
David’s Entertainment is a merchandising business. Their account balances as of November 30, 2012 (unless otherwise indicated), are as follows
110 Cash $ 73,920
112 Accounts Receivable 34,250
113 Allowance for Doubtful Accounts 11,000
115 Merchandise Inventory 123,900
116 Prepaid Insurance 3,750
117 Store Supplies 2,850
123 Store Equipment 100,800
124 Accumulated Depreciation-Store Equipment 20,160
210 Accounts Payable 21,450
211 Salaries Payable 0
218 Interest Payable 0
220 Note Payable (Due 2017) 15,000
310 D. Williams, Capital (January 1, 2012) 73,260
311 D. Williams, Drawing 50,000
312 Income Summary 0
410 Sales 853,445
411 Sales Returns and Allowances 20,020
412 Sales Discounts 13,200
510 Cost of Merchandise Sold 414,575
520 Sales Salaries Expense 74,400
521 Advertising Expense 18,000
522 Depreciation Expense 0
523 Store Supplies Expense 0
529 Miscellaneous Selling Expense 2,800
530 Office Salaries Expense 40,500
531 Rent Expense 18,600
532 Insurance Expense 0
533 Bad Debt Expense 0
539 Miscellaneous Administrative Expense 1,650
550 Interest Expense 1,100
David’s Entertainment uses the perpetual inventory system and the First-in, First-out costing method. Transportation-in and purchase discounts should be added to the Inventory Control Sheet, but since this will complicate the computation of the First-in, First-out costing method, please ignore this step in the process. They also use the Allowance Method for bad debt.
The Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Subsidiary Ledgers along with the Inventory Control Sheet should be updated as each transaction affects them (daily).
David’s Entertainment sells four types of television entertainment units.
The sale prices of each are
TV A: $3,500
TV B: $5,250
TV C: $6,125
PS D: $9,000
During December, the last month of the accounting year, the following transactions were completed:
Dec. 1. Issued check number 2632 for the December rent, $2,600.
3. Purchased three TV C units on account from Prince Co., terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point, $11,100.
4. Issued check number 2633 to pay the transportation changes on purchase of December 3, $400. (NOTE: Do not include shipping and purchase discounts to the Inventory Control sheet for this project.)
6. Sold four TV A and four TV B on account to Albert Co., invoice 891, terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point.
10. Sold two projector systems for cash.
11. Purchased store supplies on account from Matt Co., terms n/30, $580.
13. Issued check to Prince Co. number 2634 for the full amount due, less discount allowed.
14. Issued credit memo for one TV A unit returned on sale of December 6.
15. Issued check number 2635 for advertising expense for last half of December, $1,500.
16. Received cash from Albert Co. for the full amount due (less return of December 14 and discount).
19. Issued check number 2636 to buy two TV C units, $7,600.
19. Issued check number 2637 for $6,100 to Joseph Co. on account.
20. Sold five TV C units on account to Cameron Co., invoice number
892, terms 1/10, n/30, FOB shipping point.
20. For the convenience of the customer, issued check number 2638 for shipping charges on sale of December 20, $700.
21. Received $12,250 cash from McKenzie Co. on account, no discount.
21. Purchased three projector systems on account from Elisha Co., terms 1/10, n/30, FOB destination, $15,600.
24. Received notification that Marie Co. has been granted bankruptcy with no
amount of recovery. We are to write-off her amount due. (Note: See page
402 for entry required.)
25. Issued a debit memo for return of $5,200 because of a damaged projection
system purchased on December 21, receiving credit from the seller.
26. Issued check number 2639 for refund of cash on sales made for cash, $600. (Customer was going to return goods until an allowance was arranged.)
27. Issued check number 2640 for sales salaries of $1,750 and office
salaries of $950.
28. Purchased store equipment on account from Matt Co., terms n/30, FOB
29. Issued check number 2641 for store supplies, $470.
30. Sold four TV C units on account to Randall Co., invoice number 893,
terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point.
30. Received cash from sale of December 20, less discount, plus transportation
paid on December 20. (Round calculations to the nearest dollar.)
30. Issued check number 2642 for purchase of December 21, less return
of December 25 and discount.
30. Issued a debit memo for $300 of the purchase returned from
Check Figures for Accounting Project:
Cash Receipts Journal; Cash Column: 97,939
Unadjusted Trial Balance Total: 1,080,620
Net Income: 264,350
Post-Closing Trial Balance: 347,490
1. Enter the balances of each of the accounts in the appropriate balance column of a four-column account (General Ledger). Write Balance in the item section, and place a check mark (x) in the Post Reference column.
2. Journalize the transactions in a sales journal, purchases journal, cash receipts journal, cash payments journal, or general journal . Also post to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Subsidiary ledgers and Inventory Control Sheet as needed.
3. Total each column on the special journals and prove the journal.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
4. Post the totals of the account named columns and individually post the “other” columns as well to the General Ledger.
5. Prepare the Schedule of Accounts Receivable and the Schedule of Accounts Payable (their total amount must equal the amount in their controlling general ledger account).
6. Prepare the unadjusted trial balance on the worksheet.
7. Complete the worksheet for the year ended December 31, 2012, using the following adjustment data:
a. Merchandise inventory on December 31 $90,800
b. Insurance expired during the year 1,250
c. Store supplies on hand on December 31 975
d. Depreciation for the current year needs to be calculated. The business uses the Straight-line method, the store equipment has a useful life of 10 years with no salvage value. (NOTE: the purchase and return will not be included as the dates of the transactions were after the 15th of the month).
e. Accrued salaries on December 31:
Sales salaries $1,400
Office salaries 760 2,160
f. The note payable terms are at 8%, payment is not being made until Jan. 3, 2013. Interest must be recognized for one month.
g. Net realizable value of Accounts Receivable is determined to be $27,950.
8. Prepare a multiple-step income statement, a statement of owner’s equity, and a classified balance sheet in good form.
9. Journalize and post the adjusting entries.
10. Journalize and post the closing entries. Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both balance columns opposite the closing entry.
11. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Product Code: ACC708
Looking for Foundations of Financial Accounting Project Homework Help, please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.