Intermediate Accounting Multiple choice Homework Help Online
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Intermediate Accounting Multiple choice Homework Help Online Service Online
1.In January 2010, Finley Corporation, a newly formed company, issued 10,000 shares of its $10 par common stock for $15 per share. On July 1, 2010, Finley Corporation reacquired 1,000 shares of its outstanding stock for $12 per share. The acquisition of these treasury shares
a. decreased total stockholders’ equity.
b. increased total stockholders’ equity.
c. did not change total stockholders’ equity.
d. decreased the number of issued shares.
2. Treasury shares are
a. shares held as an investment by the treasurer of the corporation.
b. shares held as an investment of the corporation.
c. issued and outstanding shares.
d. issued but not outstanding shares.
3. When treasury stock is purchased for more than the par value of the stock and the cost method is used to account for treasury stock, what account(s) should be debited?
a. Treasury stock for the par value and paid-in capital in excess of par for the excess of the purchase price over the par value.
b. Paid-in capital in excess of par for the purchase price.
c. Treasury stock for the purchase price.
d. Treasury stock for the par value and retained earnings for the excess of the purchase price over the par value.
4. “Gains” on sales of treasury stock (using the cost method) should be credited to
a. paid-in capital from treasury stock.
b. capital stock.
c. retained earnings.
d. other income.
5. Porter Corp. purchased its own par value stock on January 1, 2010 for $20,000 and debited the treasury stock account for the purchase price. The stock was subsequently sold for $12,000. The $8,000 difference between the cost and sales price should be recorded as a deduction from
a. additional paid-in capital to the extent that previous net “gains” from sales of the same class of stock are included therein; otherwise, from retained earnings.
b. additional paid-in capital without regard as to whether or not there have been previous net “gains” from sales of the same class of stock included therein.
c. retained earnings.
d. net income.
6. How should a “gain” from the sale of treasury stock be reflected when using the cost method of recording treasury stock transactions?
a. As ordinary earnings shown on the income statement.
b. As paid-in capital from treasury stock transactions.
c. As an increase in the amount shown for common stock.
d. As an extraordinary item shown on the income statement.
7. Which of the following best describes a possible result of treasury stock transactions by a corporation?
a. May increase but not decrease retained earnings.
b. May increase net income if the cost method is used.
c. May decrease but not increase retained earnings.
d. May decrease but not increase net income.
8. Which of the following features of preferred stock makes the security more like debt than an equity instrument?
9. The cumulative feature of preferred stock
a. limits the amount of cumulative dividends to the par value of the preferred stock.
b. requires that dividends not paid in any year must be made up in a later year before dividends are distributed to common shareholders.
c. means that the shareholder can accumulate preferred stock until it is equal to the par value of common stock at which time it can be converted into common stock.
d. enables a preferred stockholder to accumulate dividends until they equal the par value of the stock and receive the stock in place of the cash dividends.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to email@example.com
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email firstname.lastname@example.org should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to email@example.com and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Banking case study assignment help
- Banking case study homework help
- Meaning of case study assignment help
- Child development case study homework help
- Contract law case study homework Help
- Finance accounting case studies homework help
- Company Financial statement analysis case study homework help
- Foreign assignment case study help
- HR case study homework help
- Human resource management case study homework help
- Managerial accounting case study assignment help
- Managerial accounting case study homework help
- Negotiations case study homework help
- Organization behavior case study homework help
- Project management case study homework help
- Financial statement analysis assignment help
- HBS case study assignment help
- Ratio analysis case study assignment help
- Small business case study homework help
- Project finance case studies help
- Healthcare finance case studies homework help
- MBA case study homework help
- Financial analysis business case study homework help
- Harvard business case study homework help
- Business strategy case study homework help
- Business law case study homework help
- Accounting Case Study Help
- Business case study homework help
- Finance case study help
- Corporate Finance case study homework help
- Business process case study assignment help
- Business statistics case study assignment help
10. According to the FASB, redeemable preferred stock should be
a. included with common stock.
b. included as a liability.
c. excluded from the stockholders’ equity heading.
d. included as a contra item in stockholders’ equity.
11. Cumulative preferred dividends in arrears should be shown in a corporation’s balance sheet as
a. an increase in current liabilities.
b. an increase in stockholders’ equity.
c. a footnote.
d. an increase in current liabilities for the current portion and long-term liabilities for the long-term portion.
12. At the date of the financial statements, common stock shares issued would exceed common stock shares outstanding as a result of the
a. declaration of a stock split.
b. declaration of a stock dividend.
c. purchase of treasury stock.
d. payment in full of subscribed stock.
13. An entry is not made on the
a. date of declaration.
b. date of record.
c. date of payment.
d. An entry is made on all of these dates.
14. Cash dividends are paid on the basis of the number of shares
d. outstanding less the number of treasury shares.
15. Which of the following statements about property dividends is not true?
a. A property dividend is usually in the form of securities of other companies.
b. A property dividend is also called a dividend in kind.
c. The accounting for a property dividend should be based on the carrying value (book value) of the nonmonetary assets transferred.
d. All of these statements are true.
Product Code: ACC108
Looking for Intermediate Accounting Multiple choice Homework Help Online , please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.