Managerial Accounting Basics Information Questions Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Managerial Accounting Basics Information Questions Homework Help Service Online
1. Choosing an organization structure You are a senior manager responsible for overall company operations in a large courier company. Your company has 106 regional offices (terminals) scattered around the country and a main office (hub) located in the geographical center of the country. Your operations are strictly domestic. You do not accept international shipments.
The day at each terminal begins with the arrival of packages from the hub. The packages are loaded onto trucks for delivery to customers during the morning hours. In the afternoon, the same trucks pick up packages that are returned to the terminal in late afternoon and then shipped to the hub, where shipments arrive from the terminals into the late evening and are sorted for delivery early the next day for the terminals.
Each terminal in your company is treated as an investment center and prepares individual income statements each month. Each terminal receives 30% of the revenue from packages that it picks up and 30% of the revenue from the packages it delivers. The remaining 40% of the revenue from each transaction goes to the hub. Each terminal accumulates its own costs. All costs related to travel to and from the hub are charged to the hub. The revenue per package is based on size and service type and not the distance that the package travels. (There are two types of service, overnight and ground delivery, which take between one and seven days, depending on the distance traveled.)
All customer service is done through a central service group located in the hub. Customers access this service center through a toll-free telephone number. The most common calls to customer service include requests for package pickup, requests to trace an overdue package, and requests for billing information. The company has invested in complex and expensive package tracking equipment that monitors the package’s trip through the system by scanning the bar code placed on every package. The bar code is scanned when the package is picked up, enters the originating terminal, leaves the originating terminal, arrives at the hub, leaves the hub, arrives at the destination terminal, leaves the destination terminal, and is delivered to the customer. All scanning is done by handheld wands that transmit the information to the regional and then central computer.
The major staff functions in each terminal are administrative (accounting, clerical, and executive), marketing (the sales staff), courier (the people who pick up and deliver the shipments and the equipment they use), and operations (the people and equipment who sort packages inside the terminal).
This organization takes customer service very seriously. The revenue for any package that fails to meet the organization’s service commitment to the customer is not assigned to the originating and destination terminals.
All company employees receive a wage and a bonus based on the terminal’s residual income. This system has promoted many debates about the sharing rules for revenues, the inherent inequity of the existing system, and the appropriateness of the revenue share for the hub. Service problems have arisen primarily relating to overdue packages. The terminals believe that most of the service problems relate to mis-sorting in the hub, resulting in packages being sent to the wrong terminals.
(a) Explain why you believe an investment center is or is not an appropriate organization design for this company.
(b) Assuming that this organization is committed to the current design, how would you improve it?
(c) Assuming that this organization has decided that the investment center approach is unacceptable, what approach to performance evaluation would you recommend?
2. Choosing responsibility center type For each of the following units, identify whether the most appropriate responsibility center form is a cost center, a profit center, or an investment center and why you have made that choice.
a. A laboratory in a hospital
b. A restaurant in a department store
c. The computer services group in an insurance company
d. A maintenance department in a factory
e. A customer service department in a mail-order company
f. A warehouse used to store goods for distribution in a large city
g. A publishing company acquired by a diversified corporation.
3. Assume that a company must use the same inventory flow assumption consistently from year to year. Which flow assumption would generally result in the highest reported income during an extended period of rising prices? Which during an extended period of falling prices?
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Accounting Homework Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Computer Science Homework Help
- Management Homework Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Online Essay Writing Help
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Online Quiz Help
- Maths homework Help
- Online Exam Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Economics Homework Help
- English Homework Help
- Macroeconomics Homework Help
- Microeconomics Homework Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Australia Taxation Homework Help
- Supply chain management homework help
- Taxation homework help
- USA taxation assignment help
- Advanced accounting homework help online
- Auditing homework writing help
- Human resource management homework help
- Nursing homework help online
- Psychology homework help online
- Sociology homework help online
- Ratio analysis homework help online
- Strategic Management Homework Help Online
- Mba operations management homework help
- Human resource management homework help
- Operations management homework help
4.Using managerial accounting information
The following situations describe decision scenarios that could use managerial accounting information
1. The manager of Barney’s BBQ wishes to determine the price to charge for various lunch plates.
2. By evaluating the cost of leftover materials, the plant manager of a precision tool facility wishes to determine how effectively the plant is being run.
3. The division controller of Quality Plumbing Supplies needs to determine the cost of products left in inventory.
4. The manager of the Maintenance Department of a large manufacturing company wishes to plan next year’s anticipated expenditures. For each situation, discuss how managerial accounting information could be used.
For each situation, discuss how managerial accounting information could be used.
5.Expalin the different approaches for performance evaluation?
Product Code: ACC198
Looking for Managerial Accounting Basics Information Questions Homework Help, please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.