Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Operating System Processes Homework Help Service Online
1.Simplistically, the operating system kernel is just a computer program, one that manages the hardware and allows the user to perform tasks on a computerised device. When considering other computer programs such as word processors, text/code editors, and so on, it is possible to substitute one program with another of the same type to achieve the same task, e.g., you could substitute Microsoft Word with Apple Pages or LibreOffice Writer. Identify whether or not it is possible to substitute the operating system kernel in the same way. Explain why this was / was not possible.
2.Consider the following table of processes
Draw diagrams to illustrate the execution of these processes using the following CPU scheduling algorithms: FCFS, SJF, SRTN, and RR. Calculate the wait time and turnaround time for each process. For Round Robin, use a timeslice of two and if a process arrives at a time index when a context switch occurs the arriving process is added to the ready queue after the running process.
Note: wait time is the total time spent by the process waiting in the ready queue, i.e.,
the process is ready to run but the CPU is being used by another process.
3.CPU scheduling algorithms tend to favour I/O bound processes instead of CPU bound processes. The main reason for this is because it results in better utilisation of the computer’s hardware.
i) Given that the main work done by a computer is done by the processor, explain why favouring CPU bound processes (which primarily use the processor) does not result in better utilisation of the computer’s hardware.
ii) The Round Robin algorithm does not favour I/O bound processes. Explain why, and what changes could be made to fix this problem.
Process Arrival Duration
A 0 6
B 1 3
C 2 2
D 3 5
E 4 4
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to email@example.com
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email firstname.lastname@example.org should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to email@example.com and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Banking case study assignment help
- Banking case study homework help
- Meaning of case study assignment help
- Child development case study homework help
- Contract law case study homework Help
- Finance accounting case studies homework help
- Company Financial statement analysis case study homework help
- Foreign assignment case study help
- HR case study homework help
- Human resource management case study homework help
- Managerial accounting case study assignment help
- Managerial accounting case study homework help
- Negotiations case study homework help
- Organization behavior case study homework help
- Project management case study homework help
- Financial statement analysis assignment help
- HBS case study assignment help
- Ratio analysis case study assignment help
- Small business case study homework help
- Project finance case studies help
- Healthcare finance case studies homework help
- MBA case study homework help
- Financial analysis business case study homework help
- Harvard business case study homework help
- Business strategy case study homework help
- Business law case study homework help
- Accounting Case Study Help
- Business case study homework help
- Finance case study help
- Corporate Finance case study homework help
- Business process case study assignment help
- Business statistics case study assignment help
4.The use of a memory abstraction provides several benefits, however also introduces overheads that are not incurred when using physical memory addressing. Such overheads can occur
(1) when the process is reading or writing to memory and
(2) for operations performed on the process itself (such as a system call).
For each category, explain why these overheads occur and how it is possible to reduce and/or eliminate the overheads entirely. If it is not possible to reduce or eliminate the overheads, explain why.
For (2), consider the system call to terminate a process.
5.Operating systems can perform memory management using either variable sized allocations, e.g., contiguous memory allocation, which allows the operating system to see and manage free regions of memory, or fixed size allocations, e.g., pages, where the operating system is unable to see the free regions of memory. For an operating system’s perspective ofthese two approaches, identify which of these approaches will be the most efficient in terms of
(i) minimum computation (when allocating/de-allocating memory), and
(ii) minimum wastage of memory. For each case, explain why.
Product Code: MM04
Looking for Operating System Processes Homework Help, please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.