Physics Wave And Sound Multiple Choice Questions Homework Help
Best UK USA UAE Australia Canada China Physics Wave And Sound Multiple Choice Questions Homework Help Service Online
(1)A traveling wave passes a point of observation. At this point, the time between successive crests is 0.2 s. Which of the following is true?
(a) The wavelength is 5 m.
(b) The frequency is 5 Hz.
(c)The velocity of propagation is 5 m/s.
(d) The wavelength is 0.2 m.
(e) There is not enough information to justify any of these statements.
(2) State whether the following statement is True or false:
The energy in a wave is proportional to the square of the amplitude of the wave.
(3) State whether the following statement is True or false:
A 60-dB sound has twice the intensity of a 30-dB sound.
(4)Two sounds differ by 30 dB. The intensity of the louder sound is IL and that of the softer sound is IS. The value of the ratio IL/IS is
(5)The frequency of a car horn is f0. What frequency is observed if both the car and the observer are at rest, but a wind blows toward the observer?
(b) Greater than f0
(c) Less than f0
(d) It could be either greater or less than f0.
(e) It could be f0 or greater than f0, depending on how wind speed compares to speed of sound.
(6)A wave pulse travels along a light string that is attached to a heavier string in which the wave speed is smaller. The reflected pulse is _____, and the transmitted pulse is _____.
(b) Inverted/not inverted
(c) Not inverted/not inverted
(e) Nonexistent/not inverted
(7) State whether the following statement are True or false:
(a) Wave pulses on strings are transverse waves.
(b) Sound waves in air are transverse waves of compression and rarefaction.
(c) The speed of sound at 20°C is twice that at 5°C.
(8)Sound travels at 340 m/s in air and 1500 m/s in water. A sound of 256 Hz is made under water. In the air, the frequency will be
(a) The same, but the wavelength will be shorter.
(b) Higher, but the wavelength will stay the same.
(c) Lower, but the wavelength will be longer.
(d) Lower, and the wavelength will be shorter.
(e) The same, and the wavelength too will stay the same.
How it Works?
How it Works?
Step 1:- Want to buy solution for this. Please click on submit your assignment here and then fill all details and please mentioned product code at the end of the case. Product code is extremely important to locate your assignment. You can also mail us by keeping product code as mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2:- As soon as we received your details, we will inform you with through email about quotations of the given assignment. Requesting you to please mention your budget. Also ensure our email email@example.com should not go into your spam folder.
Step 3:- Once you agree with our price, click on pay now and pay the agreed amount and once we received the payment assignment will be delivered before agreed deadline.
Step 4:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Our Features for Assignment Help Services
Plagiarism Free Solution
The first and foremost things that we promise to our customer is plagiarism free solution i.e. a complete and unique solution as per customer’s university requirements.
Excellent Customer Care Services
You can feel our responsiveness once you use our service. Our team of excellent and dedicated customer service representatives are always ready to provide best customer care service 24X7 . Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can receive response in just no time.
Multiple Stage Quality Assurance
We design a unique multiple stage quality assurance team to ensure plagiarism free, original, relevant and as per customer’s requirements. We not only give importance to accurate solutions or writing but also we give equal importance to references style too.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We believe in maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality of all our clients. None of the information furnished to us is shared with anyone else.
We receive requests from clients all over the World. Most of our customers are from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, UAE, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, UAE, New-Zealand, France Germany etc.
- Strategic management case study help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- Trade finance case study help
- Banking case study assignment help
- Banking case study homework help
- Meaning of case study assignment help
- Child development case study homework help
- Contract law case study homework Help
- Finance accounting case studies homework help
- Company Financial statement analysis case study homework help
- Foreign assignment case study help
- HR case study homework help
- Human resource management case study homework help
- Managerial accounting case study assignment help
- Managerial accounting case study homework help
- Negotiations case study homework help
- Organization behavior case study homework help
- Project management case study homework help
- Financial statement analysis assignment help
- HBS case study assignment help
- Ratio analysis case study assignment help
- Small business case study homework help
- Project finance case studies help
- Healthcare finance case studies homework help
- MBA case study homework help
- Financial analysis business case study homework help
- Harvard business case study homework help
- Business strategy case study homework help
- Business law case study homework help
- Accounting Case Study Help
- Business case study homework help
- Finance case study help
- Corporate Finance case study homework help
- Business process case study assignment help
- Business statistics case study assignment help
(9) State whether the following statement are True / False
(a) The waves from two coherent sources that are radiating in phase interfere constructively everywhere in space.
(b) Two wave sources that are out of phase by 180° are incoherent.
(c) Interference patterns are observed only for coherent sources.
(10)Beats are produced by the superposition of two harmonic waves only if
(a) Their amplitudes and frequencies are equal.
(b) Their amplitudes are the same but their frequencies differ slightly.
(c) Their frequencies differ slightly even if their amplitudes are not equal.
(d) Their frequencies are equal but their amplitudes differ slightly.
(11) State whether the following statement is True or false:
The beat frequency between two sound waves of nearly equal frequencies equals the difference in the frequencies of the individual sound waves.
(12) State whether the following statement are True or false:
(a) The frequency of the third harmonic is three times that of the first harmonic.
(b) The frequency of the fifth harmonic is five times that of the fundamental.
(c) In a pipe that is open at one end and closed at the other, the even harmonics are not excited.
(13)Standing waves result from the superposition of two waves of
(a) The same amplitude, frequency, and direction of propagation.
(b) The same amplitude and frequency and opposite directions of propagation.
(c) The same amplitude, slightly different frequency, and the same direction of propagation.
(d) The same amplitude, slightly different frequency, and opposite directions of propagation.
(14)An organ pipe open at both ends has a fundamental frequency of 400 Hz. If one end of this pipe is now closed, the fundamental frequency will be
(a) 200 Hz.
(b) 400 Hz.
(c) 546 Hz.
(d) 800 Hz.
(15)A string fixed at both ends resonates at a fundamental frequency of 180 Hz. Which of the following will reduce the fundamental frequency to 90 Hz?
(a) Double the tension and double the length.
(b) Halve the tension and keep the length fixed.
(c) Keep the tension fixed and double the length.
(d) Keep the tension fixed and halve the length.
(16)When the tension on a piano wire is increased, which of the following occurs?
(a) Its wavelength decreases.
(b) Its wavelength remains the same while its frequency increases.
(c) Its wavelength and frequency increase.
(d) None of the above.
Product Code: PHY52
Looking for Physics Wave And Sound Multiple Choice Questions Homework Help , please submit your details here with product code mentioned above.